If you are a fan of shrimp and garlic like me, this is one dish you have to try. It’s quick, easy and incredibly easy to make. This is one of the most delicious shrimp dishes I’ve ever made. Yea, I’m tooting my own horn a bit but once you try this dish you will see why. Make sure you use fresh garlic and use decent sized shrimp (not the small salad shrimp).
This dish is my spin off the classic Spanish “Gambas Al Ajillo” (Shrimp with garlic) recipe which is one of my favorite tapas when prepared the right way. I add in some more seasonings and some heavy cream for the sauce which makes you want to literally lick your plate clean. It’s so much more appropriate to do that at home and not at a restaurant, don’t you think?
Unless you are trying to stay low carb, I highly recommend having this dish with a fresh baguette so that you can soak up the sauce. Plus, this will save you from the whole licking the plate thing, which seems to invite looks of disgust when you have guests over.
Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce
- YIELD: 2 entrées (2 Servings)
- PREP: 10 minutes
- COOK: 5 minutes
- READY IN: 15 mins
If you’ve ever made Spanish “Gambas Al Ajillo” (Shrimp with garlic), it’s similar to that recipe with some whipping cream added into the sauce.
- 3/4-1 pounds shrimp Shelled and deveined. If you buy frozen shrimp, buy the kind already cleaned.
- 1/8 cup Olive Oil EVOO
- 1/8 cup Butter Real butter, not margarine!
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/8 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 stalk green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp rep pepper flakes
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Warm olive oil and butter together in a saute pan over high heat and saute shrimp and garlic for 3 minutes.
Add in the heavy cream, lemon juice, paprika, red pepper flakes,salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir it up to mix the ingredients in and taste your sauce. Add more seasonings if you need to. Reduce a bit to thicken the sauce but don’t overcook your shrimp!
- Plate your shrimp and top with chopped green onions or fresh parsley if you prefer.